Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake Pleasant Dive Conditions

Lake Pleasant Dive Conditions

If anyone goes out to Lake Pleasant please post the conditions and location where you were diving.

I went out there on monday. I dove desert tortiose vis was about 5-8 feet depending. I went down to 60 ft and could"nt see anything. Thermocline at 44 ft droped to 75 degrees. I had fun, using all my new gear.
    I'am willing to go out again this sunday if anyone wants.

Kris
    Last edited by krispykritter; 09-06-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Dom and I decided last minute to dive spring canyon area sunday. We had 6 inches to 5ft at best which made for some real braille diving and use of navagation skills! So glad I took that specialty! I did manage to find two anchors somehow..one on each dive. The lake is continuing to be emptied and with the recent rains the visability is nonexistent. Definately not good conditions for brand new diver. I sure am looking forward to the end of the month when they start filling it back up and to winter when we have the best visability

KrispyKritter and I went to Lake Pleasant Sunday evening at Vista Point. The Viz was hit or miss with some spots in the 5 foot range. We got to about 60 feet deep when the Viz became zero and the water was pitch black. We turned around and hung out in the 40 foot areas and shallows. We saw a few different fish and during the night-dive, Kris found a pair of cheap sun glasses. The hike back up to the parking area is a serious hike. I found the under water buoyancy course which is no longer under water. The under water buoyancy course is located directly below the concrete picnic table about 150 yards laying down on the side of the hill. When the lake is full again I will know exactly where it is. Next Sunday we will probably try the Desert Tortoise area. I'm surprised you can not see the old dam yet sticking up out of the water.

The old dam is about 30 feet to the top right now according to some friends that just were on it this week.

I dove to the right of the 10 lane thursday morning to scope out area for open water class. easy access to water vis was about 7 ft at best and 1 ft at worst down to 40 feet. Few scattered trees and fish.

We went to sunset point or beismeyer (christmas tree reef) half the trees are laying on dry ground and the rest are poking out of the water

I WANT MY LAKE BACK!!

It will clear up soon. It's just a matter of time. There's always San Diego. How about Lake Mead?

Johnnydiver, thanks again for taking me out yesterday on my first nite dive, it was the my best dive so far. I saw alot of fishes hanging out. I cant wait till the vis gets better. See you next sunday?

Kris

Kris,

Your welcome! Glad you enjoyed the dives. Hopefully Sunday we can meet up again. I will let you know towards the middle of the week some time.

Went diving on the old dam today. Was 33 feet to the top of the dam. Vis was 10 to 15 feet and temp was 70 down to 80 feet where we hit the thermocline. Went to 100 feet and temp was 64 and dark. We did see a school of 5 or 6 large sunfish hanging out along the wall. Second dive was at tech island. Vis was 2 feet to 10 feet at best. drop below 35 and vis got worse. We still enjoyed exploring around the rock ledges. Any day of diving is better than not diving at all

We went by boat. You definately need a good light past 80 feet it gets very dark but vis was good down there. Yes it can be an intimidating dive if your not comfortable with dark or with your bouyancy. It is not a beginner dive.