Thread: Caribbean dive shop recommendations?

Caribbean dive shop recommendations?

I am looking for good dive shop recommendations for diving I plan to do in St. Croix (@ Frederiksted), Antigua (@ St. Johns), and St. Lucia (@ Castries). Any that stand out as good? Or particularly bad and need to be avoided? I am trying to find a reputable shop at each location to book some day diving. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    I am looking for good dive shop recommendations for diving I plan to do in St. Croix (@ Frederiksted), Antigua (@ St. Johns), and St. Lucia (@ Castries). Any that stand out as good? Or particularly bad and need to be avoided? I am trying to find a reputable shop at each location to book some day diving. Thanks!!
    Sounds like you have booked a cruise. Congratulations, should be fun. Hopefully, someone here will chime in with some info, however, you might also want check out the forums on cruisecritic.com. They have a thread dedicated to scuba diving and you should not have any problem getting lots of valuable info there.

Have fun,
    mg

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Highly recommend diving in St Croix (although Frederiksted is not my favorite area on the Island - it is still OK). Check out Cane Bay West in Frederiksted.
    Been years since I have been in Antiqua. Dive was good (St Croix is better). From what I remember, you probably need to do day dives with the cruise to ensure a timely return to the boat. Not many dive shops in Antiqua so choices will probably be limited.

Hope this helps!

jcf