Thread: Tec Dive in Catalina

Tec Dive in Catalina

Finally last weekend did a 2 day live-aboard Sand Dollar.. Great time with some great people only 10 divers on the boat with really good conditions. every dive was planned deeper than 100' with the deepest at 160'. Now we can not wait to get over to the shallow (80-120') wrecks in San Diego. It was cool diving down on a wreck deeper than 120' and being able to stay for 20 minutes. The only down side was hanging on a line for another 20 minutes in just blue water and having the ability to leave the water on the ladder with twin steel 100's and all you gear still hanging on.

I can't even imagine hiking my sorry butt up the ladder in doubles! That had to be quite the challenge. How was the sand dollar? Havent dove on that one yet

Awesome! Glad to hear the conditions were favorable for your trip and that you enjoyed your dives. Which wrecks did you dive?

Conditions were great we dove on the Midnight Hour (sunken squid boat), The Sub Docking Station, Infidel (another squid boat covered in nets and sea life), did a dive in a harbor by some camps, Little Farnsworth. As far as the boat goes it holds 20 people and there were only 10 on board. Cool part is there was no charge for the nitrox blends (we were using 50%) the food was top notch and more than enough. I would for sure dive with this operation again.

awesome thanks for the feedback!