Thread: Tips for Shore diving

Tips for Shore diving

I was thinking since most of us do not own a boat and can't afford to pay for chartered boat dives all the time, why not share tips and tricks you have learned to make shore diving easier. I know a lot of the newer divers would appreciate the information. It can be for lake diving, river diving or ocean diving.

Buy a 4 wheel drive and get as close as you can... if that doesn't work in Ca due to the fact you can not get close We use a rolling stanley tool box it will hold all your gear and with a little modification it will hold 2 tanks on top (in the 2x4 holders) works great and rolls like a champ (but not to much on the sand) Updates will follow. http://www.google.com/products/catal...=0CIUBEPMCMAI#

At the lake I recommend to bring a folding chair to make it easier to change in and out of your wetsuit or drysuit and a small tarp to lay on the ground to put your gear on. During summer a canopy is nice and lots of sunscreen. Always bring plenty of water to keep hydrated too. If you are night diving I would recommend a latern to keep on the shore.

I also bought a tank carrier that makes it easier for me to carry my tanks down the hill. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...sporting-goods They have similar ones at sports chalet and i think they are like 15 bucks.

One idea i like that I have seen is to stand inside a small storage tub to change in and out of your wet suit in. Great way to keep the dirt from getting all over it when you take it off.

Blog Entries
    I use my sunshade to lay my gear on. I bring a chair w a shade attached. And I usually have my tank on, I use the back end of my Tahoe to help it stay upright and put it on, and don my fins in the water. Unless, the slope is too much to maintain balance. Also, I bring a storage container to put my wet scuba gear in, so it is easy to transport it to the backyard to clean. I keep my regulator attached to my bc, once I hose down the sand , than I unassemble and do a proper cleaning. I also bring a small igloo lunch w snacks and waters.
    Evy